10th Jul 2015
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
“EATING DISORDERS – 1 DAY WORKSHOP FOR CLINICIANS”
Practice your Motivational Interviewing Skills as you work with patients and clients who have Eating Disorders
Trainer: Gill Todd RMN, MSc
Friday July 10th 2015
COST: £110.00 per person to include morning and afternoon tea and coffee and lunch
Registration: 09.00 Start: 09.30 Finish: 17.00
Venue: The Gulbenkian Room, Park Crescent Conference Centre,
International Students House, 229 Great Portland Street London, W1W 5PN
- We will spend the day working through a variety of scenarios relating to conversations about Food, Weight and Shape.
- We will explore options for using Motivational Interviewing or not in the Dining Room.
- We will discuss the rationale for eating with patients or not.
- We will discuss how a variety of food rules develop on in-patient units and evaluate how helpful these are.
- The main focus will be to develop a therapeutic alliance with this client group which places a clear emphasis on developing their Emotional Intelligence and their Self-Confidence.
- Are you willing and able to be flexible, clear, calm and compassionate?
For further information contact :
T: 01256 704117 M: 07733 260475
Account details if paying by bank transfer:
HSBC Sort Code: 40-09-18 Account No: 42007800
Mrs Veronica Kamerling T/A Eating Disorders & Carers
Please complete the booking form below and send your payment to the address below the form.
Bookings are closed for this event.
If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to “Eating Disorders and Carers” and return to:
22 Haywarden Place
It is not a confirmed booking until we have received payment.