22nd Nov 2013
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
National Carers Conference in Eating Disorders
Friday 22nd November 2013
Prof. Janet Treasure OBE and Gill Todd RMN MSc
invite you to a day discussing:
‘Compassion and Caring Approaches’
The Wolfson Lecture Theatre, The Institute of Psychiatry,
16 De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF
(Nearest station Denmark Hill)
Cost: £60.00 per person.
- Prof. Janet Treasure on Brain Processing – how this may maintain an Eating Disorder and impact on Interpersonal Relationships.
- Dr Suzi Doyle: ‘Talking in pictures: using imagery to enhance our understanding of anorexia nervosa. Considerations for treatment and caring approaches’.
- F.E.A.S.T* presentation, Charlotte Bevan, Fiona Bromelow, Erica Husain: ‘Guilt and Shame – an old picture, a new frame’.
- A Carer’s recovery story and the implications for assessment and treatment of boys in particular.
- Dr Ken Goss on Compassion Focused Therapy with groups, and contributions from the Manchester Carers’ Group.
- Discussion & Questions
(* Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders)
To book a place contact: Veronica Kamerling Eating Disorders & Carers or complete the booking form below.
Special rates are available for Echo and Casis Coaches please contact Veronica for a booking form.
T: 01256 704117
M: 07733 260 475
Please complete the booking form below and send your payment to the address below the form.
Bookings are closed for this event.
If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to “Eating Disorders and Carers” and return to:
22 Haywarden Place
It is not a confirmed booking until we have received payment.