18th May 2012
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Venue: The Fitzrovia Room, Park Crescent Conference Centre, International Students House,
229 Great Portland Street London, W1W 5PN
(Opp. Great Portland Street tube station and near Regents Park tube station)
Cost: £80.00 per person.
Earlybird booking before the 4th of May £60.00 per person
This workshop is full. Bookings are now being taken for the workshop on the 29th of June 2012
- To help carers identify what they can do to help their Loved One and assess whether they achieve their desired outcome.
- To propose and practice communication skills.
- To facilitate the development of an ongoing self-care plan for carers.
The workshop will be interactive and based around Motivational Interviewing Principles. This will give you the chance to practice some of the skills required when looking after someone with an eating disorder. There will be a strong emphasis on:
“Robustness and Resilience”
10.00-10.05 Welcome & Housekeeping
10.05-10.15 Introductions & Ground Rules
- Mind Shower – “What I want from the Workshop”
- Brief PowerPoint presentation “Maintaining Factors in Eating Disorders”
- Group Work – What is good about having an Eating Disorder from the sufferers perspective?
- What robust personality characteristics do the sufferers have?
- Eating Disorders an exploration from the Group’s Perspective
- Feedback & Discussion
- Veronica’s story – the importance of change
- Discussion about what hampers change – animal models
- Skills needed to facilitate the change process
- Understanding the psychology of change
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH. THERE IS A BISTRO ON SITE THAT SELLS FOOD AND DRINKS AND ALSO A BAR.
- Skills practice – OARS exercises
- Group Work: Identifying the problem areas and stumbling blocks versus what works well – Making a plan of what to try next
- How to assess Difficult Behaviours using the ABC analysis
- Question & Answer
Please complete the booking form below and send your payment to the address below the form.
This event is fully booked.
If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to “Eating Disorders and Carers” and return to:
22 Haywarden Place
It is not a confirmed booking until we have received payment.